Monday, August 31, 2026

I Lied Under The Influence

I lied under the influence 

“I’m fine”, even to myself

I sip more of the blurred glance

I’m gone, from the mixed shelf


I’ve told everyone I’m complete 

And boys are just a cherry on top

But when I got home I compete

With time, with pleasure, non-stop


My ex hugged me goodbye and said “stay happy”

10 years, and I accidentally remember what he drinks

I hate the way that I still obey

It’s probably the alcohol, I think


I started talking again with my best friend

It was a little awkward, at least for me

Everyone’s drunk at the end

He checked if I’m okay before he flee


I lied under the influence

I’ve told everyone I’m complete 

Truth is when they left and I was drinking alone

I came back to the same old dark tangles of thoughts



No comments:

Post a Comment